Clever Girl Finance Writer
About Meredith Shubel
- Writer for Clever Girl Finance, covering topics including financial wellness, finance 101, general wellness, mindset, and motivation.
- Content Writer for SiteSee, covering the latest in travel with a focus on women travelers and digital nomads.
- Ghostwriter for industry thought leaders in tech and cybersecurity, writing white papers, contributing articles, and blog posts.
- BA in Writing and Rhetoric from the University of Rhode Island
- BA in Communication Studies from the University of Rhode Island
- MA in Creative Writing (Specialization: Writing Professions) from the University of Toulouse - Jean Jaurès (in progress)
As a technical writer, Meredith is an expert at translating complicated jargon into easy-to-read, digestible content. Combined with her passion for personal finance, she uses her technical writing skills to decode the complexities of saving money and investing to help women take control of their finances.
Meredith's mission is to help give other women the support she didn't have in her early 20s. A self-taught investor and entrepreneur, Meredith quit her desk job and replaced 85% of her 9-to-5 salary within a year working just part-time hours. She then set off to travel as a digital nomad and share her tips on financial wellness and freelancing.
Alongside contributing to Clever Girl Finance, Meredith also writes about the latest in travel for SiteSee and ghostwrites for industry thought leaders in tech and cybersecurity.
- Increased her investment portfolio by over 40% in 3 years
- Replaced 85% of her 9-to-5 income working just part-time hours as a freelance technical writer
- Maintained and developed her financial wellness while living, working, and traveling as a digital nomad
Reader favorites on Clever Girl Finance
- How To Use Money Journaling: Improve Your Mindset And Your Finances
- 12 Rules To Be Happy In Life
- What Does Liquid Net Worth Mean And How Do You Calculate It?
- 12 Highly Liquid Investments To Have
In the media
- Freelancer FAQs: What Types of Freelancing Can You Do?
- Elephant Journal: Proven Ways Writing Every Day Improves Well-Being
- SiteSee: 10 Best VPNs for Traveling Abroad in 2023
Connect with Meredith
About Clever Girl Finance
Clever Girl Finance® is a mission-driven company aimed at providing women with much-needed financial guidance and support to build financial confidence and make smart money decisions in their day-to-day lives.
We do this through our completely free resources including personal finance courses, one-on-one mentor calls, articles, audio, and video content, an incredibly supportive community, and more.
Through our approach, we support our community in a fun, engaging, relatable, and non-judgmental way. Our team is dedicated to helping women to become accountable, ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth.
CGF IN THE MEDIA
Also featured in Forbes, The New York Times, Business Insider, Fortune, and more.