Feeling motivated can really influence your success. Whether you’re starting up your own business, climbing the corporate ladder, or trying to earn as much money as possible, it’s important to hear from others who’ve been there. When you read boss lady quotes from those who have achieved great things, it affects you in a positive way. Then you can go out and inspire other women to be successful, too.
So here are 29 awesome boss lady quotes to help you on your journey!
Boss lady quotes about making money
Focusing all your efforts on making a high income? While the amount of money you want to make can vary, the fact remains that it’s important for women to accomplish their money goals. It can feel daunting at times, but these quotes about being a boss lady will help you stay motivated.
1. “Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.” - Francoise Sagan
This quote by French novelist Francoise Sagan, while funny, reminds us that sometimes having money can improve our lives.
Although it isn’t the answer to everything, it can definitely make life better and more comfortable. So it’s good to strive for what you want, and it’s okay if you want to make a high income!
2. “Being rich is having money. Being wealthy is having time.” - Margaret Bonnano
A very smart quote from author Margaret Bonanno reminds us that being wealthy is completely different than being rich. You can have a lot of money but what you really need is the time to enjoy it. It’s a good reminder that when you make your money you want to be wise with your lifestyle as a boss lady.
3. “Did we ever plan on being billionaires? No, but we wanted to be millionaires.” - Diane Hendricks
This is a great thought from business leader Diane Hendricks about shooting for the stars. When you are trying to succeed, aim high, and you may find that you do even better than you imagined. Your dreams can grow with you, and as you achieve more, you can add to what you want to accomplish.
4. “To increase my wealth, I had to decrease my wants.” - Michelle Singletary
An interesting take on money; this quote by finance expert Michelle Singletary shows that there are multiple ways to be wealthy. You can make more money, but you can also change your lifestyle to fit with your future goals. It pays to be wise about your income and how you spend it.
5. “The success of every woman should be an inspiration to the rest.” - Serena Williams
An excellent thought from tennis superstar Serena Williams about how we should be inspired by other women’s success. When one does well, it helps all of us. And, this quote can aid you in earning as much as you can, while encouraging other women to do the same.
How to run a business leveraging boss lady quotes
Being a business owner can be exciting but also present multiple challenges. But it helps to hear from people who understand what you’re going through. Use these female boss quotes to help you feel inspired as you work as an entrepreneur.
6. “Follow your passion - and if you don’t know what it is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it.” - Oprah Winfrey
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey shows that we don’t have to have everything figured out with one of the best quotes about being a boss lady.
But we should find things that we enjoy and are good at, and try to make a living doing something that exercises our talents. And if you’re going to go to work every day, it may as well be to do something you enjoy.
7. “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘How far can I push the company forward in the next 24 hours?’” - Leah Busque Solivan
An inspiring quote from business leader Leah Busque Solivan about having a never-quit attitude when it comes to your business.
Don’t give up and always think about what else you can do to make a better product, more money, or follow a new idea. It benefits many people when your business is successful, not just you, so always strive for more.
8. "Whatever it is that you think you want to do, and whatever it is that you think stands between you and that, stop making excuses. You can do anything." - Katia Beauchamp
If you’re feeling unmotivated, this quote from Birchbox founder Katia Beauchamp will help you to get inspired again. Whatever you want to do with your business, know that you absolutely can do it and can make a difference. Don’t let things stand in your way that shouldn’t.
9. “Building a brand means knowing your story and building and sharing that story.” - Tamara McCleary
CEO Tamara McCleary’s inspiring quote makes us think about how building a brand or a company needs to come from the heart. It’s personal and it matters, and building your business should be something you take seriously.
10. “Find the smartest people you can and surround yourself with them.” - Marissa Meyer
This is a fantastic way to think about business with one of the most inspiring boss women quotes.
Author Marissa Meyer’s quote makes us think about how as business owners it’s important to hire people who know a lot about specific subjects and who you can learn from. You never know what someone may teach you.
11. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” - Estee Lauder
Rather than thinking about how great it would be to make a lot of money or run a company, go out and do it.
Beauty Mogul Estee Lauder shows the value of hard work with this quote. Running a successful business is something that requires effort, but it’s worth it.
Boss lady quotes to stay motivated
If you’re working hard at achieving your goals but lack motivation, check out these female boss quotes from inspiring women pursuing their dreams. Keep your motivation up and you can do anything!
12. “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” - Simone Biles
A challenge and an invitation to keep going even when you aren’t sure if things will work out the way you want. Renowned gymnast Simone Biles reminds us all to push forward and do our best. Definitely one of the greatest quotes about being a boss lady!
13. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” - Michelle Obama
Don’t ever put limitations on yourself. Rather, look towards what you want to achieve, and then think of ways to do even more than you thought possible. An inspiring thought from the former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama shows us that anything is achievable.
14. “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” - Taylor Swift
A reminder from singer Taylor Swift to be kind and always treat people with fairness. Regardless of what you want to achieve, you’ll accomplish your goals in a much better way when you consider others’ feelings, too.
15. “Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Especially not yourself.” - Mindy Kaling
Sometimes our greatest critic isn’t someone else, but ourselves. Actress Mindy Kaling gives the wise advice that sometimes you need to be your own cheerleader and believe that you can win.
Confidence-boosting boss lady quotes
Need an extra dose of confidence? These quotes about being a boss lady from amazing women will inspire you to go for what you want.
16. “It’s really important for us to be unapologetic. To be bold. To be brave. And to take huge risks.” - Awkwafina
Actress, Awkwafina tells it like it is with this quote, explaining that we need to be strong and believe in ourselves. When something is important to you, take steps to achieve it.
17. “Everything is figureoutable.” - Marie Forleo
No matter how difficult something seems, or if you’ve hit some roadblocks on the way to your dreams, you can still be successful. Entrepreneur Marie Forleo shows us how things tend to work out when you keep trying.
18. “You never know if you can actually do something against all odds until you actually do it.” - Abby Wambach
There are moments where you have to just go for it. Soccer legend Abby Wambach reminds us with this quote that you must believe that you are capable and do what you need to do, even if you think you can’t. You may be surprised by the positive results!
Being a leader with these boss lady quotes
You might experience times when you need to lead a team, hire some employees, or be a good example. Use these boss women quotes as the inspiration you need to be a great leader.
19. “Surround yourself with people and things that inspire you. Learn everything you can.” - Jameela Jamil
The best way to learn is to be around people that help you grow. actress, presenter, and activist Jameela Jamil shows us that it’s essential to bring people into your circle that help you be your best self.
20. “We need to accept that we don’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes. Understand that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” - Arianna Huffington
Thank you, Arianna Huffington, for reminding us that being a leader doesn’t mean we don’t make mistakes. It just means that we’re all human, and we keep trying.
21. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you’ll be criticized anyway.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt understands that criticism is just a part of life. True leaders will do what they believe is the right thing, no matter what others say. Truly one of the most encouraging and honest of the boss women quotes.
22. “Leadership is a series of behaviors rather than a role for heroes.” - Margaret Wheatley
Being a good leader is about doing the right things and caring about others, over and over again. Author, Margaret Wheatley makes a great point here by showing us that leadership is what we do on a daily basis.
23. “Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent. You will be amazed at how your whole approach to a person or problem becomes very different.” - Indra Nooyi
A great perspective to have is a positive one. Business leader Indra Nooyi shows that thinking in this way can be helpful to others and to ourselves. Especially when in a leadership role.
Boss lady quotes about never giving up
Your dreams matter, and it’s important to not allow them to fall by the wayside. Instead, work to achieve them by never giving up. Read these inspiring thoughts to encourage you on your journey.
24. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” - Harriet Beecher Stowe
Just when you feel that things are hopeless or that they’ll never work out, things may turn around for the better, as author Harriet Beecher Stowe reminds us. So don’t give up, because you’ll eventually have success.
25. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” - Ella Fitzgerald
Following your passion can lead to many great things. Ella Fitzgerald offers this excellent thought that you shouldn’t give up if you truly love something.
Boss lady quotes about defying expectations
Sometimes women need to work hard to defy expectations. But there are plenty of great women who have already succeeded, and we will continue to do so using inspiration like this.
26. “Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, ‘She doesn’t have what it takes.’ They will say, ‘Women don’t have what it takes.’” - Clare Boothe Luce
A reminder from women's leader Clare Boothe Luce that we are all in this together. Women should encourage each other and be in support of one another as we pursue our ambitions.
27. “I don’t go by the rule book. I lead from the heart, not the head.” - Princess Diana
Princess Diana offers this inspiring quote that reminds us that it’s okay to let your heart lead sometimes. Use it to help you make good decisions that benefit others.
28. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made…It shouldn’t be that women are the exception. “ - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Women should absolutely have a say in the world, in politics, in business, and more. Ruth Bader Ginsburg understood this and as women, we should work towards accomplishing more than was possible for the previous generations.
29. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” - Beyoncé
Confidence and success often come down to what you think about yourself. Beyoncé got it right when she said this quote, showing us that we are in control of our own lives and must use them to improve the world.
These boss lady quotes will give you the inspiration you need
If you need to feel inspired again to go for your dreams, make more money, or just be your best self, these boss lady quotes will help. No matter what, remember that you are a boss lady and are capable of so much!