Positive affirmations for self love are all about being kind to yourself. Because be honest, how many times have you said phrases like these?
- I’m such an idiot.
- Wow, that was stupid of me.
- I need to stop being so dumb.
- That was so foolish of me.
- I’m never going to accomplish ___ if I keep being such a moron.
The words you tell yourself have power. These one-off comments may seem harmless, but when you repeat them over and over, your mind starts to believe them.
It can change the way you think, which is why affirmations are important.
Self love affirmations are key to silencing this inner critic so you can fully and completely enjoy life.
Positive self-talk can stop limiting beliefs and also help you to overcome low self-esteem. Not sure where to start?
We've compiled a list of 100 positive sayings for self love, self-esteem, and everything in between.
List of 100 affirmations for self love
Everyone struggles with self love in different ways. For instance, maybe you feel ashamed of your past money mistakes, or you struggle with imposter syndrome.
Whatever it is, these 100 positive affirmations can help you get past them.
Read through the list now, and then write down any that jump out at you. Then use affirmations that you relate to in your daily life.
Affirmations for forgiveness
If the past is weighing you down like a backpack full of bricks, and you're having a bad day, these are our favorite affirmations that can help you find forgiveness.
These mantras focus on healing and also giving yourself grace:
1. My mistakes do not define me.
2. I forgive myself for my past mistakes.
3. I am doing the best I can, and that is enough.
4. I give myself room and permission to heal.
5. My mistakes have made me a stronger person, and I also learn and grow from them every day.
6. I let go of all the criticism and self-hate holding me back.
7. I release the guilt and negativity that doesn’t serve me.
8. My past does not define my future, and I am at peace with it.
9. I let go of the things that are out of my control.
10. I give myself space to express my feelings and emotions when I need to.
11. I am my own safe space.
Affirmations for body confidence
Society has forced us to believe that beauty standards are very specific and we have to look a certain way. But this simply isn’t true.
You, dear friend, are beautiful just the way you are. Every stretch mark and blemish you criticize in the mirror is perfect in the most perfectly imperfect way possible.
And the moment you start to love the skin you’re in is the moment you unlock true happiness.
Wanna try? Give some of these powerful affirmations a go and see how they boost your body confidence.
So go ahead, give compliments to yourself with these daily affirmations for self love.
12. I am beautiful, inside and out.
13. I respect and honor my body and all that it's brought me through.
14. I am grateful for this body I get to call home, and it is worthy of love.
15. I nourish my body and take care of it.
16. I am strong, beautiful, and courageous.
17. I take care of my health so I can feel my best — not so I can look a certain way.
18. I accept every part of me — imperfections and all.
19. My imperfections are not flaws. They make me beautiful and special.
20. I do not need to be fixed. I am perfect just the way I am.
21. I listen to my inner self and rest when my body and mind tell me to.
22. I love my ____ (face, stomach, thighs, or another body part you often criticize.)
Affirmations for self love
Have you ever heard the song Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld? There’s a line that says: "Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else (I love me)." It’s a pretty powerful daily affirmation for self-love.
And so I encourage you to crank it up loud when you need some empowerment — and throw these other affirmations into the mix while you’re at it:
23. I speak kindness over myself.
24. I love myself for who I am.
25. I love my personality and how unique I am.
26. Love and abundance flow through me like energy.
27. I am amazing.
28. I am my own best friend.
29. I love myself freely. I do not have to earn it.
30. I am enough.
31. I matter.
32. My life does not have to be perfect to be great. I love my life.
33. I am filled with appreciation and gratitude for this life I get to live.
34. My happiness is found within. I do not look for it in others.
35. I prioritize myself and my needs.
36. I am unique and special.
37. I love myself and those around me fiercely.
38. I am surrounded by love and joy.
39. I am proud of the woman I’ve become.
40. I’m worthy of all the good that comes to me.
41. I wake up grateful and overwhelmed with love for myself each morning.
42. The love I have for myself is limitless.
43. I am the coolest person I know.
44. I am worthy of having friends and deep connections with others.
45. I treat myself with the same kindness I’d show to a friend.
46. I have a lot to offer this world. I am a gift.
Affirmations for success and work
That you’re undeserving of success because other people know more than you. But let’s get one thing straight.
Imposter syndrome is a dirty, filthy liar. Hush it up with these positive self love affirmations for success at work and also in life.
47. I am capable of achieving my dreams.
48. My fears do not hold me back from going after the things I love.
49. I have limitless potential.
50. I am confident in my ability to achieve my goals and also accomplish my dreams.
51. Creativity and good ideas flow through me on a daily basis.
52. I am worthy of big dreams and audacious goals.
53. I believe in myself.
54. I am in control of my actions.
55. My creativity heals me and those around me.
56. I am created to succeed in life and accomplish wonderful things.
57. I am designed to win at what I put my mind to.
58. I am equipped to overcome any challenge that comes my way.
59. I have the power to change my destiny.
60. I trust my gut and follow my intuition.
61. I possess the power I need to create my future.
62. I push through when things get tough because I know I’m worthy of success and prosperity.
63. I strive for progress, not perfection.
64. I enjoy my life and actively seek out ways to make it better.
Affirmations for being yourself
Do you ever feel like you have to shape-shift around certain people? Like maybe you need to act one way around your family and another way around your co-workers?
Doing this can lead to anxiety and also negative emotions. But you can be comfortable in your own skin using these positive affirmations for self love.
For example, these statements for self love contradict the belief that you need to change yourself for others. They invite you to be your true self — the one true you who is beautiful, opinionated, captivating, and also powerful: check out these affirmations.
65. I live my life for me. Not others.
66. The only opinion I value is my own. I don’t worry about what others think of me.
67. I am 100% myself around others, always.
68. I let my light shine bright for all to see.
69. I do not shrink or change myself for others. I show up just as I am.
70. I do not apologize for being myself.
71. I express my true self without hesitation.
72. I stay true to myself because I’m worthy just as I am.
Positive affirmations for self-esteem
Ever struggle with low self-worth and need a little boost of self-confidence? These positive affirmations for self-esteem remind you that you’re perfect just the way you are.
That you’re learning, growing, adapting, and also making space for the version of yourself you’ve always wanted to be:
73. My self-worth is not defined by my ______ (weight, looks, bank account, job title).
74. I am proud of the person I’m becoming.
75. I am worthy and deserving of love.
76. The story of my life is still unfolding. I’m excited about what lies ahead.
77. I deserve happiness.
78. I expect joy and laughter everywhere I go.
79. My time and energy are precious. I'm good at setting boundaries and using my time wisely.
80. I radiate confidence everywhere I go.
81. I am good at asking for help.
82. My life is filled with unimaginable joy and abundance.
83. I give myself space to grow every day.
84. I nourish my soul by making room for the things I love in life.
85. I determine my own self-worth. It is not defined by others.
86. I show myself infinite compassion every day.
87. I am blessed beyond measure.
Affirmations to conquer anxiety
Feeling anxious, stressed, or fearful can be brought on by many things. Financial worries or struggles with self-esteem can also be made worse by anxiety.
To put anxiety in its place and have a peaceful mind, use these mantras:
88. I am completely capable and make good decisions.
89. I think peaceful thoughts and have a positive mind.
90. I can control my thoughts, and that helps me control my feelings.
91. I don't have to do everything perfectly. Doing my best is more than good enough.
92. I gain knowledge and experience every day that helps me be my best self.
93. I absolutely know I have a great future ahead of me, and I make decisions today that will have a good impact later.
94. I have a strong and confident mind.
95. Even though this situation feels stressful, I know I can handle it. I'm smart, kind, and thoughtful, which helps me be up for any challenge.
96. I have many resources available to me to help deal with anxiety.
97. I am surrounded by positive thoughts, and I surround myself with positive people.
98. I am stronger than anxiety, and I choose to focus on the good things that can happen.
99. I'm great at talking with people, handling new situations, and being prepared.
100. No matter what, I can succeed.
Do daily affirmations for self love really work?
Yes — self love affirmations work. Here’s the science behind why:
Affirmations change your brain
Every second of every day, you have an inner dialogue going on in your head.
For instance, some of these dialogues are positive and propel you forward. Others are negative and fill you with fear and self-doubt.
Coming up with positive affirmations that challenge your self-sabotaging thoughts can help re-program your brain and also replace all those painful neuronic pathways with new circuitry.
For example, let’s say you usually tell yourself: “There’s no way I’m going to get better at managing my money. I’m doomed to fail.”
A positive statement that combats this thought may be: “I know I have what it takes to make smarter decisions with my money. I am proud of the financially savvy woman I am becoming. I love myself fully and also forgive myself for my past money mistakes.”
The more you repeat this positive affirmation of self-love, the more your brain will start to believe it. So now you see that daily sayings really do work!
How to use affirmations for self love to transform your life
So I’ll be the first to admit that telling yourself how awesome you are can be really, really awkward. You may feel silly and ridiculous the first few times you do it, but that’s okay.
Just remember the science behind self love sayings and stick with it. Pretty soon, you’ll begin to feel those new truths deep within your bones.
Repetition is key
The key is to come up with affirmations that directly oppose your negative thoughts. Then, repeat them day in and day out until it's a habit.
If you want to make them part of your daily routine, come up with some morning affirmations and then add them to your morning routine.
The important thing is to stop negative self-talk and instead exchange it for positivity every single day.
Positive affirmations can become part of your life in other ways, also. For example, try filling a journal or notebook with affirmations.
Another way to begin having more positive thoughts is through reminders you leave for yourself. For example, these reminders can be placed on your phone, as sticky notes in your car, or somewhere else.
Bonus tip: Take a 30-day self-love challenge!
Want to kickstart your journey to being kinder to yourself? If so, take the Clever Girl Finance 30-day self-love challenge.
It’s designed to hush those negative voices in your head and pave the way for more joy, abundance, and love to enter your life — all in one month’s time.
You can incorporate your new routine of positive affirmations for self-esteem in this challenge. So give it a try!
Use these daily affirmations for self love to change your life!
So that’s a wrap on these positive sayings for self love. I hope you jot down the ones that combat your negative thoughts and recite them until you believe them with your whole heart and develop a positive mindset.
Self love affirmations can truly change everything.
Your life is a work in progress — a journey to self-acceptance - and I can’t wait to see where you go from here! To take it one step further, check out these morning affirmations that will help you succeed!