Let's talk about buying a home the right way! Petal Van Rossum is a dear friend and a licensed real estate broker at Citizens International Realty, a family owned and run real estate company located in Brooklyn New York which she runs with her brother Raul alongside an incredible staff.
She’s a graduate of Pace University in New York City and is married with 2 beautiful boys.
So when it comes to purchasing a first home, usually, there are several different questions that come up.
Common questions first time home buyers have:
- How much of a home downpayment do I need?
- What kind of financial documents do I need?
- How do I qualify for a home loan?
- What is involved in closing and what are typical closing costs?
Petal discusses these questions and more on this home buying podcast episode. In turn, you'll learn how to make the best home buying decision.
What we discussed in this episode about home buying
- How to prepare to buy your first home including the type of documentation you need and what state your finances should be in.
- She discusses some of the biggest mistakes she sees people making during the process of buying their first home. For instance, not preparing with the right documentation or not having your finances in order.
- She also discusses some of the main issues people have that prevent them from being able to buy a home.
- We also get into advice for first time home buyers and so much more!
The book Petal mentions:
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker