Meet Lauren Jackson. This episode is all about how Lauren went from a medically induced coma to $400,000 in medical debt. She is now is on the path to financial recovery. For a time, she was facing the possibility of bankruptcy. While she got incredibly lucky and didn't end up having to file, she'll never forget the fear that comes with facing the possibility of losing everything.
More about Lauren: Lauren is Content Marketing Manager at Self Lender, a fintech startup with a mission to help people build credit. Particularly those who might not have access to traditional financial products. She’s a writer who’s passionate about the intersection of business and social good. She believes you can have an amazing life – even if you don’t have the best health or the most wealth.
*The views Lauren shares in the episode are her own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Self Lender company.
On this podcast episode including our discussion on how to manage medical debt, we also discussed:
- How Lauren’s medical emergency impacted her finances and mindset
- How she dealt with paying off her $400k in medical debt
- Tips for dealing with medical debt
- The impact of her medical debt on her credit
- What she’s doing to protect her finances and more importantly, set herself up for financial success.
Signup for Self Lender
- Need help improving your credit that doesn't involve taking on debt? Sign up for Self Lender.
Note: The links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you do sign up using this link we get a small commission to help support growing our platform.