Clever Girl Finance Writer
About Faneisha "Fo" Alexander
- Writer for Clever Girl Finance on topics including core personal finance, motherhood, mindset, and motivation
- Founder of Mama & Money
- Author of the book, Dump Debt & Build Bank®: The Everyday Chick’s Guide To Money
- Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI) and money expert
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering from Clemson University
- Master of Engineering Management from Duke University
As Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI), she has been teaching personal finances to women & youth for over a decade. She has served as a financial education volunteer for Junior Achievement and a speaker for community organizations and corporations.
With over a decade of experience, Fo is an established writer and expert contributor on the topics of personal finance, budgeting, debt payoff, money mindset, saving, entrepreneurship, investing, motherhood, and personal development.
Her commentary has been cited in Yahoo! Finance, MSN Money, USNews, The LA Times, Debt.com, Bankrate, and more!
- Paying off $78,000 in student loan debt in less than 3 years ($47,000 in 6 months)
- Paying off her mortgage in 4 years
- Triple her investment portfolio in less than 5 years
Reader favorites on Clever Girl Finance
- Are You Living A Fantasy When It Comes To Your Finances?
- How To Start A New Chapter In Life (It's OK To Start Over!)
- 25 Ways To Pamper Yourself On A Budget
- 34 Important Life Lessons That Will Change Your Life!
In the media
- His & Her Money Podcast: How Faneisha Destroyed $47,000 of Debt In 6 Months!
- 21Ninety: Dump Debt & Build Bank featured on the list of 10 best books for Black women
Connect with Fo
About Clever Girl Finance
Clever Girl Finance® is a mission-driven company aimed at providing women with much-needed financial guidance and support to build financial confidence and make smart money decisions in their day-to-day lives.
We do this through our completely free resources including personal finance courses, one-on-one mentor calls, articles, audio, and video content, an incredibly supportive community, and more.
Through our approach, we support our community in a fun, engaging, relatable, and non-judgmental way. Our team is dedicated to helping women to become accountable, ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth.
CGF IN THE MEDIA
Also featured in Forbes, The New York Times, Business Insider, Fortune, and more.