Content Editor & Staff Writer
About Kiersten Brown
- Writer for Clever Girl Finance on topics including money mindset and how emotions affect our money
- Author of the ebook, So You're Inspired, Now What?"
- Originally from California but living in Spain
- Fun fact: Trained in various dance styles, including Salsa, Bachata, Hip-hop, Belly dancing, and Tap.
- BSc degree in Child Development
- Published in over 10 different publications including Travel Noire, Bauce Mag, and Black Girl Nerds
Kiersten started her career as an educator and spent five years working as a teacher until she decided to take her knowledge and teach abroad. When Kiersten moved, money management and financial education became a crucial part of supporting her new life aboard.
When she started her freelance writing career, she focused on writing about how money influences travel and living abroad. She started to see that being smart with money wasn't just about the numbers but about mindset.
- Learning to generate different streams of income by relying on her own talents e.g. teaching, side-hustles
- Living abroad for five years
- Shifting from a scarcity mindset to a growth and abundance mindset
- Starting an online business while living abroad
- Leading educational workshops and teaching both nationally and internationally on finance, language, and early childhood education
Reader favorites on Clever Girl Finance
- 7 Steps For Transforming Your Relationship With Money
- 10 Ways To Do Things Differently For Financial Success
- 11 Best Things In Life That Money Can't Buy!
In the media
- Travel Noire: How I Lived My Dream In Paradise With Less Than $600 A Month
- Teachable: Change Your Mindset About Money
- Find A Way Abroad: Break The Consumerism Cycle While Living Abroad
Connect with Kiersten
About Clever Girl Finance
Clever Girl Finance® is a mission-driven company aimed at providing women with much-needed financial guidance and support to build financial confidence and make smart money decisions in their day-to-day lives.
We do this through our completely free resources including personal finance courses, one-on-one mentor calls, articles, audio, and video content, an incredibly supportive community, and more.
Through our approach, we support our community in a fun, engaging, relatable, and non-judgmental way. Our team is dedicated to helping women to become accountable, ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth.
CGF IN THE MEDIA
Also featured in Forbes, The New York Times, Business Insider, Fortune, and more.