Clever Girl Finance Writer
About Marissa Geannette
- Writer for Clever Girl Finance on topics including goal setting, money mindset, and financial well-being.
- Multi-passionate writer, author, blogger, career coach, and lawyer who loves to spread the word that there is a satisfying (and well-paying) career out there for everyone, even if it’s not the traditional one we’ve been told we were “supposed” to have.
- Undergraduate degree in History from Princeton University
- JD from the University of Southern California
- Coaching Certificate from Rice University – The Doerr Institute for New Leaders
Marissa’s passion for writing led her to a career as a lawyer. When she realized she wanted more from her career, she went back to her roots in writing and found a new interest to add to her work portfolio, career coaching.
Since getting herself out of law school debt and learning to navigate her own personal finances, she has been writing on personal finance topics for the last five years.
In addition to writing about personal finance, she is passionate about career coaching and mentoring. Her book, “Behind the Biglaw Curtain,” is an essential guide for new lawyers looking to succeed in their legal careers.
Reader favorites on Clever Girl Finance
- How To Change Your Life: 18 Tips To Inspire You!
- How To Keep A Commitment To Yourself To Achieve Your Goals
- How To Stay Positive In A Negative World
- Take The Risk Or Lose The Chance: Why You Should Embrace Discomfort
Fun facts about Marissa
- As one of her many recent jobs, Marissa worked as a kids’ ski instructor. That experience made her appreciate the other work that she does as a writer, which is much less stressful with way less demanding clients!
Connect with Marissa
About Clever Girl Finance
Clever Girl Finance® is a mission-driven company aimed at providing women with much-needed financial guidance and support to build financial confidence and make smart money decisions in their day-to-day lives.
We do this through our completely free resources including personal finance courses, one-on-one mentor calls, articles, audio, and video content, an incredibly supportive community, and more.
Through our approach, we support our community in a fun, engaging, relatable, and non-judgmental way. Our team is dedicated to helping women to become accountable, ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth.
CGF IN THE MEDIA
Also featured in Forbes, The New York Times, Business Insider, Fortune, and more.