Clever Girl Finance Writer
About Tara Seboldt
- Writer for Clever Girl Finance covering topics including general personal finance, insurance, and investing.
- 5+ years of professional experience writing about personal finance and insurance.
- B.S. in English and Equine Business Management from William Woods University in Fulton, MO.
- Professional experience in the financial planning industry.
Tara is a personal finance writer who grew up on a farm in southern Illinois, where she learned how to be frugal (maybe to a fault). After graduating college with a double major in English and Equine Business Management, Tara worked as a copywriter in the digital marketing field before making a career shift into finance.
While working as an assistant to a financial advisor, Tara found a love and passion for all things finances. One of her favorite parts of the job was helping clients navigate complicated financial situations.
In 2018, Tara decided to combine her love of writing and finances by launching her freelance writing business. Since then, she’s been featured on top personal finance sites including The Balance, Bankrate, Benzinga, MarketWatch, and more. She also works with private clients such as insurance and finance technology companies, insurance providers, and financial institutions.
Tara loves covering anything related to finances and insurance but is particularly interested in life insurance, loans and credit, and mortgages. When she’s not writing, you can find Tara outside hiking with her dog, riding her horse, or planning her next ski trip.
- Building her credit score from scratch to “Excellent” within 2 years.
- Consistently keeping an emergency fund with over 12 months of expenses.
- Running a successful freelance writing business that supports her hobbies and travel plans.
Reader favorites on Clever Girl Finance
- Are You In A Financially Abusive Relationship?
- How To Make A Spending Freeze Actually Work For You
- 7 Types Of Financial Emergencies And How To Be Prepared
- How To Remove A Charge-Off From Your Credit Report
Connect with Tara
About Clever Girl Finance
Clever Girl Finance® is a mission-driven company aimed at providing women with much-needed financial guidance and support to build financial confidence and make smart money decisions in their day-to-day lives.
We do this through our completely free resources including personal finance courses, one-on-one mentor calls, articles, audio, and video content, an incredibly supportive community, and more.
Through our approach, we support our community in a fun, engaging, relatable, and non-judgmental way. Our team is dedicated to helping women to become accountable, ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth.
CGF IN THE MEDIA
Also featured in Forbes, The New York Times, Business Insider, Fortune, and more.